March 02 2020 – Jayne Graham
If You Love Australian Designed and Handmade, Then You Will Love Emma from The Paper Mills Studio and Her Pendants!
Number two of our Collaborator Series features the talented and lovely Emma Mills from the Paper Mills Studio. A magician with her hands and natural fibres! Based on the Mornington Peninsula Emma's studio is full of raffia, white paper rope, hemp string and other gorgeous sustainable products.
To find out more about the collection of Pendants that she makes by hand, head over to our brand spotlight blog here!
But, before you do that, grab a cuppa first and have a quick read of the Emma's top ten fun facts! We love to share a little bit of what makes our designers tick, and I'm not sure about you but the dinner table guests below would be a bit of fun!
Top Ten Fun Facts about Emma Mills.
1. What is your favourite The Paper Mills Studio pendant and why– no pressure 😊?
The bell because it was my first design.
Pic - Bell Shades by The Paper Mill Studios
2. You recently had a beautiful new baby, how do you handle your own business and family life?
I try to balance work and family and let them organically prioritise themselves.
3. What are some of your other favourite furniture and homewares brands?
Pic (left) Yoil & Otis Showroom Pic (right) Olli Ella Products
4. If you could live anywhere, describe where and your ideal house/home/country would be?
Byron, Portugal, Alaska anywhere interesting.
Pic - Byron Bay.
5. What is your favourite Netflix/stan/binge watch programme?
Grand Designs with Kevin McCloud & Enlightened with Laura Dern.
6. What is your favourite book?
Papillion By Henri Charriere
7. Favourite holiday destination and why?
Warratah Bay locally it's a beautiful wild rugged coastline with gentle surf beaches and amazing nature.
8. If you could invite anyone to dinner to have your favourite meal who would be around your table and why (you have 5 seats)?
Aside from family, because that would be my entire family. Lena and Carlo from Yoli & Otis because they're inspiring, Kevin Mcloud from Grand Designs (pic above) for good conversation, Tenzin Wangyal from Lingmincha International, he is a teacher I've listened to on YouTube and he does amazing meditations, and that chick Kristen Wiig from bridesmaids because she is funny!
Pic (left) Tenzin Wangyal | Pic (middle) Lena and Carlo from Yoli & Otis | Pic (end) Kristen Wiig
9. What is something that not many people know about you (that you are happy to share 😊)
I worked in a Nursery for five years.
10. What wise words would you give a younger version of yourself?
Break the mould and travel more.
Thanks so much Emma! We love you and your gorgeous pendants. One day I will have a real cuppa with you on the Mornington Peninsula! What a gorgeous place to create! I hope you enjoyed getting to know Emma a little bit more. If you want to know more about her pendants please check out The Paper Mills Studio Collection.