- As we introduce Peggy Sue self care products to you of course it goes without saying that we must do our Fun Facts on the creative behind the scenes. Peggy Sue was Founded by Shanah Baxter (pictured on the left with her close friend and now business partner, Alysha, who joined in 2019) and we just had to ask Shanah a few fun facts to find out a little bit more about her!
- Here goes!
AH this feels like trying to pick a favourite child! But, if I absolutely had to, it would be our Blue Tansy Facial Oil. It just soothes the soul, with its silky application and calming skin benefits. If ever my skin is feeling dull, a big layer of blue tansy before bed will have me waking up so much brighter!
We usually start with reflecting on products that we wish we had in our lives, and then do some research about it and try to come up with a super fun and unique version of it. But, there’s always heaps of product trialing which is always really fun.
3. What are some of your other favourite artists or creatives that inspire you?
I actually draw a lot of inspiration from nature and places rather than people. I find that our environment is a simple beauty that is often overshadowed by the people that inhabit it. That’s why we are always looking at how we can be a more purpose driven business here at Peggy Sue.
4. If you could live anywhere, describe where and your ideal house/home/country would be?
I honestly feel like I live in the most beautiful place in the world. We’re located in Wollongong just south of Sydney which has the most beautiful escarpment views on one side, and then picturesque beaches on the other.
Ahh, that is another hard one. It would have to be either Friends (an all-time classic) or Schitt’s Creek. Hmm, I’ll have to say both of them, it’s too hard to decide!
If any of your readers know the Illawarra there is a small town called Berry that has wonderful stores to explore and a delicious donut van - Berry Donut Van. I’ll often take my daughter, Peggy on adventures here, where we eat scrumptious donuts and enjoy each others company.
Some would say that I can be an awkward turtle…Self explanatory 😌
8. If you could invite anyone to dinner to have your favourite meal who would be around your table and why (you have 5 seats)?
Another hard one, but as a Christian I would love to enjoy my favourite meal conversing with Jesus, alongside my little family of course.
9. What is something that not many people know about you (that you are happy to share 😊 )
I, without fail, will always heat my coffee back up in the microwave.
10. What wise words would you give a younger version of yourself?
Be different. Ask questions often and always remember that vulnerability doesn’t imply that you aren’t confident or smart.
Thank you so much Shanah for answering our fun facts, its been fun reading them and I must go to Berry one day, I love donuts!! We are super excited to have Peggy Sue products in our collections.